Buying the best tea out there is quite challenging due to the large number of companies competing against each other. To make things worse, each company has multiple varieties of tea, effectively making the purchase of tea a complicated affair. Therefore, it takes someone who knows about different tea leaves, regions where tea is grown, their varieties, quality etc to choose the best loose tea out of a plethora of options.
But can every buyer out there afford to have a tea specialist to do the picking for them? The answer is no, and that is exactly why this article is going to help you make the right choice. The best tea is more often than not, a matter of personal taste. Therefore, there isn’t a single tea leaf that can satisfy everyone. Having said that, this article will act as a guide in helping you find good quality tea leaves at the best price.
- Buy tea leaves and not tea: The first thing you need to keep in mind if you are planning to buy best tea in bulk is that you need to order loose tea leaves and not packaged ‘sachets’. Industrial packaging is no cheap affair and you wouldn’t want to end up paying the packaging cost when you can actually buy loose tea leaves at a better price. Most companies offer tea leaves for bulk buyers and locating them wouldn’t be a problem.
- Identify the variety you need: The strategy one might employ to find the best black tea may be quite different from that used for best green tea. The reason being the region where you may find them won’t be the same. China is famous for its high quality green tea leaves whereas India is renowned for almost every other tea varieties. Even within a country, there are different regions that specialize in various varieties of tea. Therefore, it is crucial that you do your research before selecting a company to buy tea leaves from.
- Shortlist a few sellers: Based on the variety you need, draw up a list of manufacturers / suppliers who meet your quality demands as well as price. Now, ask around. Try to contact buyers who have brought tea leaves from them and try to ascertain their product quality as well as after sales service. You can also visit the website of the supplier and get a list of clients enlisted there.
- Contact them: Once you have finalized the best supplier, you need to get in touch with them directly. You can use a personal contact or even the phone number listed in their website to contact them. State your requirements clearly and ask for specific details like the shipping time, various costs involved, terms and conditions, stock details etc. Based on your requirements, they will send you a quote and both the parties can take it up from there.
As you can see, finding the best tea is a challenging task, but definitely not an impossible one. Employ these strategies and you will surely find what you are looking for
– Written by Jaga Salai, a food technologist, working as Production Manager in Alobha Exim